Tangy lemon desserts compliment warmer days perfectly. Lemon curd shooters are a wonderful treat to enjoy and celebrate hot summer season. From brunches to picnics, this easy, sweet, tangy & creamy layered dessert will be a refreshing addition to your menu.
For the base instead of usual graham crackers, I tried vanilla wafers, crushed and combined with melted butter. The next layer will be of lemon curd. Depending on your shot glass size, you can either repeat these layers or top it with final cream cheese layer. Garnish with mint, lemon or lemon zest and blueberries and serve chilled.
You can prepare lemon curd in advance a day before layering in shot glasses. This easy to prepare treat can be made a night before serving.
Lemon Curd Shooters
- 160 gm Vanilla wafers
- 2 tbsp Butter – unsalted melted
Lemon Curd Layer:
- 2 Egg yolk
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp Butter
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 4 oz Whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Add melted butter vanilla wafers to a food processor and mix well. As base layer add 1 tbsp of the mixture to shot glasses.
- Prepare a double boiler and boil water on high heat, once boiled bring heat to low. Add sugar, egg yolks and eggs in top pot and whisk well before placing on top of below pot. Now add lemon juice and lemon zest to it and place it below pot of double boiler. Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens. Remove pots from heat and add butter to the hot mixture. Cover the pot and let it cool. Add lemon curd to shot glasses as second layer.
- You can use pastry bags to pipe lemon curd layer to shot glasses.
- Depending on size of your shot glasses, repeat aforementioned two layers.
Cream Cheese Layer:
- Make sure to place your glass bowl in refrigerator an hour before making this layer. It will help with whipping. Add cream cheese, whipping cream and sugar to the bowl and whip well.
- Add this creamy mixture as top layer of dessert and garnish with blueberries, lemon slices and mint leaves. Serve chilled.